Al-Kisa Foundation and Kisa Kids have ʿijāzah (permission) to collect khums and zakāt from most marājiʿ.
Al-Kisa Foundation is a faith based organization that follows the teachings of the Noble Quraʾn and Ahl al-Bayt to help nurture holistic growth of individuals, families and communities by creating infrastructure, resources and services.
How we've used Khums in the past?
- The donation of 9,857 Kisa Kids books to 653 public libraries across 32 US states.
- The donation of Kisa Kids books to over 100 Shia organizations (schools and masājid) globally.
- The development of 8 annual project booklets for the different Islamic occasions, which can be downloaded for free on our website.
- The production of over 45 children’s programs on the Kisa Kids YouTube Channel to help our young Muslims learn about Islam while the masājid are closed.
- The development of 13 new children's books, such as Rahmah the Raindrop, Hamza and Aliya Share the Ramadan Cheer, and more!
- The development of curriculum such as Verses of Light and new curriculum for 9th through 12th grade.
- The opportunity to follow in the footsteps of the Ahl al-Bayt (ʾa) and serve our communities by providing lasting Islamic resources that will benefit generations to come inshāʾAllāh!
How Khums will be used moving forward
- Creating more books and digital content for teenagers and young adults.
- Funding future projects, such as more toddler board books, interactive children’s ziyarat books, a five-volume Quran tafsir, Youth Q&A books, Hajj and Ziyarah guides, and more!
- Developing more interactive and educational games and puzzles!
- The ongoing development of Salam Online, our online weekend Islamic school, geared towards those who do not have access to weekend schools.
- The development of more Islamic Studies curriculum.
- The development of more classes and educational resources for children and adults alike!
Imamia Education Center Inc (doing business as Al-Kisa Foundation & Kisa Kids) is a registered 501c3 non-profit in the United States (EIN # 20-1897073).
For khums donations larger than $500, please mail us a check to avoid high transaction fees.
1. Check - Please mention sahm Imām or sahm ṣadāt or full Khums (both sahms) in the memo section along with the marjaʿ you follow. Please include an email address (to send you a receipt). Checks can be mailed to:
4415 Fortran Court, San Jose,
CA 95134, United States
2. Wire Transfer – Directly transfer money from your bank account. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with the account and routing number. Mention sahm Imām or sahm Ṣadāt or full Khums in the notes section.
3. Zelle – Please send to email@example.com. There are zero fees associated with this method and it can be done online which makes it very preferable. For some, there might be a cap to how much they can transfer daily so you may have to send it over the course of several days, if the amount exceeds the daily limit.
4. Credit Card, PayPal or Bank Transfer using the box below – For the least fees choose "Bank Transfer".
Please note: We recommend using Zelle/Bank transfer or sending a check for the least fees. If there are any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your support allows us to continue serving our communities.
Help fulfill the responsibility of providing the resources necessary to educate our children in the path of our beloved Ahl al-Bayt (ʾa) and nurture our future generations. InshāʾAllāh, we pray that every dollar given toward this cause is rewarded infinitely as ṣadaqah jāriyah.
You Can Also Support By:
Some of Our Upcoming Titles You Can Sponsor
Where's The Sheikh?
A fun, interactive and vibrant book for toddlers with beautiful pictures of the shrines and places of ziyārat. Not only do our young readers get to see and become familiar with the ḥarams of the Maʿsūmīn...Sponsor Now
The Companions of Ahl al-Bayt
Blessed are those individuals who have the privilege to call themselves the companions of the Ahl al-Bayt. May we have the opportunity to call ourselves the companions of Imām Mahdī (ʿaj). While we...
Girls Health Book
Navigating through adolescence is a challenge all girls face, and our Muslim girls are no different. This girl’s health book shows through visual graphics how to care for both the body and the soul. A unique and...Sponsor Now
In 2017 we created and distributed a well received Illustrated Guide to Iraq Ziyarah, and now we are working on guides to Mash`ad/Q`um, Syria and Hajj inshallah. We pray that Allah (SWA) accept our...Sponsor Now