The Boat Of Rescue
The Boat of Rescue
Objective: Students will learn about one of titles of Imam Husain (A), Safinatun Najah (The Ark of Salvation), as well as what it really means.
Suggested Ages: 5+
Time: 40 Minutes
- 11″x11″ White Paper
- Glitter glue (optional)
- Narrate the following hadith to the students or write it on the board: “Verily, Husain (A) is the lantern of guidance and the ark of salvation (simplified: boat of rescue).” -Prophet Muhammad (S) (Bihar ul-Anwaar, Vol. 36, P. 204)
- Ask them what they thinkg it means when the Prophet (S) says that Imam Husain (A) is the boat of rescue? Consider the following talking points:
- The purpose of a boat is to transport you to a destination. The boat of Imam Husain (a) transports us to our desired destination: Jannah (Heaven).
- A boat saves you from rocky waters; similarly, the boat of Imam Husain (A) keeps you afloat in the dunya.
- How can we make sure that we are a passenger on this boat? What are some actions we can do? (E.g., praying, loving the Ahlul Bayt, being kind, respecting our parents, etc.)
- Teach them how to make these origami boats. Instructions can be found on http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-boat.html
- Students can decorate their boast by writing the hadith onto it and/or writing Ya Husain using markers or glitter glue.